This is an older piece, and already finished. I have one that’s been ignored for a few months. Guess it’s time I get back in there and make friends with the hand cramps again. BTW, this is part of my One-Line series. Lot of ink and a ton of patience required.
Image Caption: This artist’s impression shows the dust and gas around the double star system GG Tauri-A. Researchers using ALMA have detected gas in the region between two discs in this binary system. This may allow planets to form in the gravitationally perturbed environment of the binary. Half of Sun-like stars are born in binary systems, meaning that these findings will have major consequences for the hunt for exoplanets. Credit: ESO/L. Calçada
Read all about it here:
Planet Formation In The Gravitationally Perturbed Environment Of A Binary System
My latest gallery installment. Enjoy!
Not really, but it is kinda funny. What will people do?!?!?!?!
ps…I love how this site puts DOWN in ALL CAPS…for everyone even.
If you’re like me and work from a home office, you know how things can pile up on your desk. And, like me, you may be of the mindset that dictates “move it aside and wipe it from your memory for now.” However, I just took stock of my desk space. It’s really telling.
To my left…
1. 2 pairs of reading glasses.
2. iPhone headphones
3. My 2nd box of Kleenex in a month
4. Notes. And by notes I mean piles of misc papers with scribbles on them. They’re important right?
5. Hotspot device (because Time Warner always goes down)
6. Box of Claritin (I know)
7. Ear wash for my cats (because that has to be handy. There’s no way to clean a cat’s ears unless you’re ready to surprise them at a moments notice)
8. Earache meds for me (go figure)
9. Motrin (must have)
10. Fly swatter (you have no idea how much this comes in handy when you live in Texas)
11. Markers and pens
12. A tree seed on a piece of cardboard (I’m saving it for the Lorax)
To my right…
1. Green porcelain piggy filled with lighters and cigarettes (must have)
2. Flea drops for the dog and cats (more furkid surprises)
3. Cork coaster (for coffee, drippy glasses of ice water – and beer of course)
4. Remotes for everything
5. Dew rag (because we all need that for bad hair days)
6. Junk mail to throw at the cats when they get bored
7. Water bottle (for when said cats get wonky)
8. Air freshener (for when I need to feel like I’m in a field of flowers)
9. Candle and flashlight for power outages (it happens here more than you know)
I would post a pic, but it would be too embarrassing. What does your desk contain?
I didn’t ask for the “whip.” Someone left it in my fridge. How does one resist its charms though? Argh!
I posted yesterday about how busy the Sun has been lately. Turns out it’s been busier since then.
Read more about it here.
Just can’t get over how utterly gorgeous these images are.