I made this pie yesterday. Very good dish for a cold winter day. Definitely not for those counting calories!
1 uncooked pie crust (store bought or prepared)
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup mushrooms – diced
1 medium onion – diced
1 clove garlic – minced
1 teaspoon mustard (yellow or Dijon depending on taste)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 cup fresh steamed broccoli – chopped
1/4 cup black olives – diced
1/3 cup milk
2 cups cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil and place on bottom oven rack to catch pie overflow.
2. Brown ground meat in skillet with onion, garlic and mushrooms. Drain well.
3. Mix bread crumbs, meat mixture, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pour into pie shell. Sprinkle broccoli onto meat mixture.
4. Combine milk, egg and cheese well. Spoon on top of pie. Sprinkle top with black olives.
5. Protect pie edges with foil or a pie shield to prevent edges from burning and cook for 15 minutes. Remove foil/shield and cook another 15 minutes or until crust reaches desired color.
6. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
* Can be made in advance and chilled. Just cover with foil and reheat for 20-30 minutes.